well, she found a love and he found a victim

you remember when i said i loved manchester orchestra? here are some examples of why. wow, i realized how many lyrics i have here...for some reason it just fits with my life and attitude at the moment too, too well.

Please just pick up the phone

Am I invisible?
Now you know
I didn’t mean a thing. . .
I’m the one that is sorry
Help me write the coolest songs
I was wrong, I was wrong. . .
Cause the truth
Is that no one
Truly knows
What the hell it is you’re doing
When they ask are you dead
Or are you just sleeping?


Take a leaf of paper and draw your mind,
Your bourbon brown that can burn my eyes,
I lost your presence underneath the bridge. . .
Could this be it, is it really over now?


and i try to write with style
but the words just come
and i write them as soon as i see them
and i trust that you write them, too

well i gave up on love and i gave up on dying
but somehow since then my heart has been cryin'
and i don't think that this can be very healthy. . .
say goodnight to the liars
as they all sleep alone in their beds
its a good night my moonlight friends


Your grace never looked this good this morning in daylight, god
Im tired of wasting time on a body that has no life
On rhythm that has no rhyme


If you could roll the window down, I'm feeling crowded, and getting real nauseous.
If you could let the forcefield down...I swear I'm trying to make conversation.
If I could let my hair grow out, then I could prove that I'm not so impulsive.
If I could let my feelings out, then I could show you that I have been thinking that we'd have gotten farther if we never even started at all.


So turn out the lights
The party's over
They say that all good things must end
So turn out the lights
The party's over
And tomorrow we'll start the same old shit again


And now we're swimming in
A pool of our own innocence
How did we get so filthy?
And now its sinking in
We're swimming
And getting nowhere fast
How did we get so filthy?


Well you took advantage of me yet again
Or so they said
And I'd hang the moon for you.
And I'd save the world for you


And tonight and forever
Tonight and tonight and forever.
Well I am just a book
Dusty on this shelf
Worn and by myself
And the words inside don't help.
As I read my midnight pain
Til you put me up again
And the smile across my face is being forged
It's nothing but a fake and it helps me to not think
And I know that you're at home and on your mind
is nothing about my brown hair and hazel eyes.
I'm just trying to pass the time

so when you see me falling backwards down the wall that says i'm still alive,
don't be cautious when i'm cautiously approaching on the other side
everybody has their reasons, thats the reason we're all going to die
because if seeing is believing,
then believe that we have lost our eyes
when i fly solo, i fly so high
don't touch me now.
we all deserve something

And I realized that then you were perfect
And my teeth ripping out of my head
And it looked like a painting I once knew
Back when my thoughts weren't entirely intact
To pray for what I thought were angels
Ended up being ambulances


It took a minute or two to gather all my neurotic thoughts
Before I started to talk way too loud
Loudly I thought to myself "God, how do I find myself here again and again"
My same black eyes stare straight ahead as
I took my time with a cigarette
Fair enough I'm still in love with the false hope of us stabbed inside my chest
Let me tell you all about it. . .
Well I would rather have a broken heart
Than give up hope on you


The aeroplane is flying towards the sun
And you're another reason I can cut my ties with breathing
I carved your name in my arm just for you


When my dad died,
the worms ate out both his eyes.
His soul flew right up in the sky.
I cried myself to sleep.
. . .When my sister finds
my body closed up like the blinds,
I tell her I promise it's fine.
She cries herself to sleep. . .
I still see you
inside of this god awful house.
You move awfully quiet now.
And I still feel you everywhere.
You told me this has always been worth living.
What's really worth living anymore?


The insecurity has gone and gotten the best of her
The best has yet to come
We know just how the story will end
We know about the drinks, the smokes, and half an hour boyfriends
You think they really love you
Loving in this case is the cure
The cure is never really present when you're speaking with her. . .
She's sinking to the bottom. . .
This scene is dark and dreary
Tears are overflowing to me
Me of the ordinary girl
But she always knew that she was
She wasn't ordinary
Special was the meaning of course
How they would describe her

No comments: