i have become increasingly overwhelmed, but not discouraged.

...And soon I ’ll leave the infirmary
Feeling well, but lacking courage
Courage

And now the rockets fly above
Passing over Cape Canaveral
There’s the woman with the drugs
In the café by the launch pad
By the launch pad

And she is ‘gonna
Ring me up on my Cellular Phone
So I know I’m not alone
In a world full of vampires
Come on darling, talk me down
On that Cellular Phone
Because I can’t get home
I’m a slave to the wires

I’ve done this before
I will do it more

I have become increasingly overwhelmed when
I’m in public, I’m not so patient when they stare
There’s a fighter somewhere underneath this skin and bones
And do you know what I mean?
What I mean when I say that this girl
Has got a thing for my machine

But I have given everything and more
Sometimes convinced I have the world to carry
Every day is war and rockets fly from dusk ‘til dawn
I won’t be shaken if ever there’s a time
Where I am gone just know I’m waiting for you to ring
For you to ring...

brilliant. yet again. the in valleys ep is officially out, which means i am free to get my swim tattoo whenever now. yay :) i'm glad i waited, because it still means as much to me as it did the first time i heard it - so there is no more second guessing. i'll save "sleazy wednesday" for, well, wednesday. if anyone wants to hear any of the new, officially released jack's, check out this myspace -
http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=400944779

just watched jonezetta's new video on their blog. f'ing ridiculous, like always. "running through a forest..." what the fuck. haha. i love it though.

so i woke up around 11, being lazy as hell, read a bit, and then watched the latest episodes of psych and monk with my mom. our new tv is too big. i mean....the screen is 50", which is way too much by my standards, and let's keep in mind i am only 62" tall in all my glory. like i said, ridiculous.

then i had a nice chat on MSN with this fabulous boy, arthur, over in sheffield. he is so fucking cool. i proposed to him online today. he rejected me, only because the atlantic ocean stands in the way. he makes me smile though. one day, i will go to england, or he will come to the states and we will show each other a bloody good time. we had a long chat about preconceptions of our own regions/states/areas/countries that was really entertaining. i didn't really think people in england had any notions about the nature of mississippi....or the south....or memphis or whatever. i guess, that was me being naive. kind of surprising though.

all these pictures from watermelon bust make me wish i was at millsaps. the first few weeks of fall are always so fun. but then i also see the pictures of girls out at the houses who never see the light of day except during rush, which makes me glad that i am not there for all the fake bull shit and false pretenses. i don't miss rush. at all. but i do miss some of my girls.

i haven't heard back from her yet, but i have been thinking a lot about erin's project - rose window shadows - and i really think i want to get on board with this. if any of you out there have any art, photos, writing, poetry or what not that you want to submit, let me know and i will pass it along to erin. since i've met people with IC and TWLOHA, maybe i can pull some strings and get someone associated with it to help out, come speak at jackson, or something. we'll see. but it is something that i really do want to get involved in.

i just got my external hard drive back in the mail today, which means my lovely 500GB of music is back in my possession. yay :) and now i can back everything up, and finally have some free disk space so my computer doesn't run like it is out of the stone age. too many photoshop projects and files saved on here that i don't want to get rid of, so now i can finally move them from my laptop.

i also got my latin text in from barnes and noble, finally, which means i can't keep procrastinating with my minimal amount of school work i need to complete. oh, and i got my merch from fueledbyramen at last. i got some posters, a sweet this providence shirt that i wore today, and a forgive durden shirt as well. i think i need to add forgive durden to the list of bands i MUST see. i can't believe i still haven't seen them. right now that list is as follows - mae, the rocket summer, the mars volta, broken social scene, the fall of troy, jimmy eat world, and portugal. the man. some of those are soon to be scratched off, but i can't believe i have still not seen any of those bands. some of them are my life.

work was dull. i got to see kevin for like 2.5 seconds. hopefully we will hang out soon. and hopefully he has at least some kind of interest in me. i guess for now, i'll just wait and hope.

so, thursday night - this providence in san antonio at the rock bottom tattoo bar. and friday night - tokyo police club/ the whigs in austin at emos. who wants to join? i've seen both this providence and the whigs before, and they both put on awesome sets...and are amazingly sweet people. anybody and everybody is welcome to tag along.

oh, and i think i'm going to start a new project. maybe i'll try to do it this week. i realized that i have a ridiculous amount of band t-shirts....so i think i'm going to take a picture of myself in each of them and make a photo collage. i'm talking....well over three dozen different shirts folks. and that's a conservative guess. could be interesting. we'll see about that :)


No comments: