i've got a feeling, it's not the safest place to start

at work right now, listening to Lord T and Eloise...i love this shit, it's hilarious. I've missed quiddity and i'm glad to be back even though Memphis is lonely. i feel so unproductive lately, and i really feel like my life is lacking direction...i need something to revive this mundane life.



so, i'm going to try and update fairly ~frequently... let's see how long that lasts.



i mentioned warped in my last post, but here is a breakdown of the good and the bad

+ hang out with some bad ass people from IC

- listening to terrible music, particularly from the Kevin says so stage

- being set up next to the douche bag from animals for action tent in SA and Houston

- long days of driving

+ lots of CDs in the car...love it

- sweat, sweat, and more sweat

+ meeting Adam and some cool kids at 11:11 am

+ all the kids who would come up and tell us how much IC means to them and how they are trying to help/have helped the cause

+ getting kids excited about social justice

- not being a roadie in the fall


-/+ only being on warped tour three days...I'm not sure how i feel about it

+ finally seeing WTK and cobra...haha. cobra is such a guilty pleasure

+ dancing and singing at the top of my lungs with complete strangers

- storm in San Antonio

+ being surrounded by passionate people

- really bad sunburn

+ new music from The Glass Passenger

I'm sure there is more...but that is what comes to mind at the moment.







I finally finished reading Atlas Shrugged at the end of June and it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I started it before I left for Greece, but I ended up reading three other books before finishing it. The plot was interesting, don't get me wrong, but it was super dense and it took a lot of effort to get through all thousand something pages. I highly suggest it...just be prepared to devote a lot of time to it. I just finished High Fidelity, also fabulous.



I just started The Fountainhead yesterday, so that is my next big undertaking. Hopefully I will be able to get through it a lot quicker than my last Ayn Rand attempt.



I was glad to see some Millsaps people day before yesterday...I really would have missed more people than I thought. I'm glad that we all went to Sal and Mookie's...it really showed me why I fell in love with some people at Millsaps in the first place.


Blah, that's all I have for now.

No comments: