the glass passenger lyrics post. at least read the bold...i tried to condense.
lyrics are posted in order according to the original track listing.
lyrics are posted in order according to the original track listing.
the resolution
There's a lot that I don't know
There's a lot that I'm still learning
But I think I'm letting go
To find my body is still burning
And you hold me down
And you got me living in the past
Come on and pick me up
Somebody clear the wreckage from the blast
And I'm alive
And I don't need a witness
To know that I survived
I'm not looking for forgiveness
I just need light
I need light in the dark as I search for the resolution
And the bars are finally closed
So I try living in the moment
'Til the moment it just froze
And I felt sick and so alone
I can hear the sound
Of your voice still ringing in my ear
I'm going underground
But you'll find me anywhere I fear
spinning
I'm keeping quiet til there's no more sirens
Lately it's hard to keep the hinges on with all the noise
I'll find my words when there's no one talking
The room is spinning, I have got no choice
Be patient, I am getting to the point.
I can't remember when the earth turned slowly
So I just waited with the lights turned out again
I lost my place but I can't stop this story
I've found my way, but until then
I'm only spinning
I'm keeping quiet til the phone stops ringing
Lately it's hard to disconnect, I just want something real
I've found the words if I could just stop thinking
I keep forgetting when the earth turned slowly
I'm keeping quiet til there's no more sirens
Lately it's hard to keep the hinges on with all the noise
I'll find my words when there's no one talking
The room is spinning, I have got no choice
Be patient, I am getting to the point.
I can't remember when the earth turned slowly
So I just waited with the lights turned out again
I lost my place but I can't stop this story
I've found my way, but until then
I'm only spinning
I'm keeping quiet til the phone stops ringing
Lately it's hard to disconnect, I just want something real
I've found the words if I could just stop thinking
I keep forgetting when the earth turned slowly
swim
You gotta swim, swim for your life
Swim for the music that saves you
When you're not so sure you'll survive
You gotta swim, swim when it hurts
The whole world is watching
You haven't come this far to fall off the earth
The currents will pull you away from your love
Just keep your head above
I found a tidal wave begging to tear down the door
Memories like bullets they fired at me from a gun
Cracking me open now
I swim for brighter days despite of the absense of sun
Choking on salt water, I'm not giving in - I swim.
Yeah you gotta swim
Don't let yourself sink
Just find the horizon
I promise it's not as far as you think
Currents will drag us away from our love
Just keep your head above. swim
You gotta swim, swim for your life
Swim for the music that saves you
When you're not so sure you'll survive
You gotta swim, swim when it hurts
The whole world is watching
You haven't come this far to fall off the earth
The currents will pull you away from your love
Just keep your head above
I found a tidal wave begging to tear down the door
Memories like bullets they fired at me from a gun
Cracking me open now
I swim for brighter days despite of the absense of sun
Choking on salt water, I'm not giving in - I swim.
Yeah you gotta swim
Don't let yourself sink
Just find the horizon
I promise it's not as far as you think
Currents will drag us away from our love
Just keep your head above. swim
american love -
" You leave for college at the turn of autumn
I spent the winter diving to the bottom
I kiss your neck but I just can’t look you in the eye
You see I got this critical conscience
A brand new black hole in the solar system
I dig my grave but I just cant stand to step inside
And now there’s no turning back
In the face of the sweat we share
There’s nowhere to run
You’re so unprepared
It’s a new heart attack
Brand new bricks on my back to bear
Don’t say a word they might find us there
You see I got this American love
A hidden planet in my solar system
Keep your eyes shut I just cant stand to say goodbye
Big hearts big hearts
Big hearts are for breaking "
what gets you off -
see blog title
see blog title
crashing
And even if your voice comes back again
Maybe they'll be no one listening
And even if I find the strength to stand
Doesn't mean I won't go missing
And the world will come crashing
I wanna hear some music
I have been waiting down here for so long
Trying to write this big music,
With your breath on my face
But now, now you're gone
And the world will come crashing
And the words will come crashing
And the music comes crashing
Down on me
And even if your voice comes back again
Maybe they'll be no one listening
And even if I find the strength to stand
Doesn't mean I won't go missing
And the world will come crashing
I wanna hear some music
I have been waiting down here for so long
Trying to write this big music,
With your breath on my face
But now, now you're gone
And the world will come crashing
And the words will come crashing
And the music comes crashing
Down on me
annie, use your telescope
So they made my life into a movie
As if I could forget those years
But I know where the time's gone
Just how well my mind's been wandering
Annie, use your telescope
Hello? Is there anybody out there?
Hello? I'm only getting farther, oh.
suicide blonde
Living well but we're dying young
To bankrupt a blue sky
She's a suicide blonde.
Dyed by her own hand, ooh.
Suicide blonde.
Part of the big plan,
She's part of the big plan.
Living well but we're dying young
To bankrupt a blue sky
She's a suicide blonde.
Dyed by her own hand, ooh.
Suicide blonde.
Part of the big plan,
She's part of the big plan.
drop out - the so unknown
Where we can contemplate our chemistry
And your eyes were lined with questions
With the blood rushing to waste
To take this feeling with us to our graves, to our graves
I get the feeling we're so misdirected
I get the feeling we have lost control
Til then I'll turn you to the new religion
We're dropping out into the so unknown
So unknown, yeah.
We're hiding out until the empire falls, let it fall.
If we have lost control,
We're drifting slow so we drop out
And I'll give you this confession,
I am taking you with me.
Where we can contemplate our chemistry
And your eyes were lined with questions
With the blood rushing to waste
To take this feeling with us to our graves, to our graves
I get the feeling we're so misdirected
I get the feeling we have lost control
Til then I'll turn you to the new religion
We're dropping out into the so unknown
So unknown, yeah.
We're hiding out until the empire falls, let it fall.
If we have lost control,
We're drifting slow so we drop out
And I'll give you this confession,
I am taking you with me.
hammers and strings (a lullaby)
These hammers and strings
Been following me around
From a box filled garage
To the dark punk rock clubs
Of 1000 American crowds
And my friend calls me up
But I miss you like hell.
I still hear you in this
Old piano, oh yeah."
But I still hear your ghost
In these old punk rock clubs
Come on, write me a song
Give me something to trust
Just promise you won't let it be
The keys that you touch."
Give me something to believe in,
A breath from the breathing
So write it down,
I don't think that I'll close my eyes
'Cause lately I'm not dreaming
So what's the point in sleeping?
It's just that at night,
I've got nowhere to hide
So I write you a lullaby, a lullaby
And my friend calls me up
With her heart heavy still
She says, "Andy, the doctors
Prescribed me the pills.
But I know I'm not crazy.
I just lost my will.
So why am I, why am I
Taking them still?"
To the sleepless, this is my reply:
I will write you a lullaby, a lullaby.
bloodshot
The hill's still left to climb
It's just so
High, And I'm so
Tired. Come on look me in my bloodshot eyes
The clouds are all on fire
It's just so high
And I'm so tired
Come on look up at the bloodshot sky
The clouds are all on fire
We wait in valleys whiles the clouds come in
We see no shadows, 'cause the shadow's all there is
And we climb
The hill's still left to climb
It's just so
High, And I'm so
Tired. Come on look me in my bloodshot eyes
The clouds are all on fire
It's just so high
And I'm so tired
Come on look up at the bloodshot sky
The clouds are all on fire
We wait in valleys whiles the clouds come in
We see no shadows, 'cause the shadow's all there is
And we climb
orphans
I am looking for a sign
My spirit's faded
She holds on like a vine
Patterns in traffic
They sound just like my heart
Race in the dark
In time to catch you.
No one should let you
Go wandering off into the night
You're not an orphan.
I never thought the day would come
They tell me that you've finally run
I guess you always said you would someday
(you're not an orphan)
I am looking for a sign
My spirit's faded
She holds on like a vine
Patterns in traffic
They sound just like my heart
Race in the dark
In time to catch you.
No one should let you
Go wandering off into the night
You're not an orphan.
I never thought the day would come
They tell me that you've finally run
I guess you always said you would someday
(you're not an orphan)
I'm caught, somewhere in between
Alive and living a dream.
No peace
I lay still. still I'm ready to fight.
Have my lungs but you can't take my sight.
The walls caved in tonight.
The walls are caving as far as I can see
The walls are caving in, the doors got locked for sure
There's no one here but me
I fought a war to walk a gang plank into a life I left behind
Windows leading to the past
Think it's time I broke some glass
Get this history off my mind
And what if we were married forever?
Like the past never happened
And time did not exist for us at all
I still think we'd still be traveling together
Through all kinds of weather
Everything's a piece of everyone
at full speed
In between the white lines where I found love
All alone on a road going nowhere
Going nowhere
Going nowhere at full speed
And I have travelled far
And I've seen things that I'd rather not say
When you're travellin' it's better that way
The darker the secret, the harder you'll keep it
But it's no victory always running away like I do
Always know that I'll come back to you
i lied. i think i was unwilling to accept this album because it hits so close to home...i just can't get enough now.
No comments:
Post a Comment